Saturday, June 16, 2012

Long time, no post. And popsicles!

It's been a long time since I've blogged. Fourth grade was a little busy!  But it's summer vacation now and I have lots of ideas for posts, so please come back and read all summer long.

Today I want to share one of my favorite summer treats - popsicles. Who doesn't like a frozen treat on a stick? Supermarket popsicles are good, but they're made in factories and have some weird stuff in them, like artificial colors and flavors. We make our own popsicles at home, using natural stuff and I think they taste just as good. It's really easy to do and I hope you try it at home!


The easiest way to make a popsicle at home is just to pour 100 percent juice into a mold of some kind (even just an ice cube tray) and freeze. Voila! Ice pops! My favorite is plain old orange juice --








Fill the mold, cover the mold with plastic wrap, and poke toothpicks through the plastic:













If you want to get a little more fancy, you can make berry pops. For these you need:


* 1 cup frozen berries (I used mixed berries, but you can use whatever you like)
* 3/4 cup lemonade
* splash of water


Put everything into a blender and blend until it's all smooth. Pour it into your molds and freeze.




When they're frozen, pop one out and enjoy!  You can come up with your own flavors too, using whatever fruit or juice you like. Try it. If you come up with a good one, leave a comment here with your recipe and I'll try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment